Taste-test determines best hot dogs for your cookout
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Hot dogs and fireworks have become synonymous with America's Independence Day.
From the Nathan's hot dog eating contest at New York's Coney Island to backyard barbecues all across the country, the hot dog is a key staple of any 4th of July cookout.
So, which one's are the best?
The New York Times conducted a taste-test to determine what brand of hot dog is the best.
Below is a summary of the results. Read the full results and details here.
- Wellshire Farms Premium All-Natural Uncured Beef Franks
- Hebrew National Kosher Beef Franks
MIDDLE OF THE PACK
- Applegate the Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog
- Nathan's Famous Skinless Beef Franks
- Oscar Mayer Classic Beef Uncured Franks
- Boar's Head Beef Frankfurters Original Family Recipe
- The Brooklyn Hot Dog Company Smoked And Uncured Classic Beef Dogs
- Niman Ranch Fearless Beef Franks
- Trader Joe's Organic Grass-Fed Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- Ball Park Uncured Beef Franks